Thursday, September 24, 2015

Amongst the Rubble

there's always a flower,
there always is a sunshine,
there always is a light at the end of a tunnel,
and there always is a positive side to everything,

The past month has been kind of a weird, kind of a rough month. I am now working TWO very well paying jobs and taking care of my Scarlet. I'm working as an Assistant at an insurance company by day and by night *and weekends* I'm a Hooter's Girl. It's weird how I get fired from one job that doesn't pay well and treats their employees poorly, to two amazing opportunities. I'll be making enough money to have a house for Scarlet and I here in the VERY soon future. The simple fact that I'm even able to afford our own place is so exciting and just inciting to be as successful as possible.. Yes, I will inevitably miss something with Scarlet's development but being that she's crawling and starting to pull herself up on stuff; the next thing is walking but she's just now starting to 'truck' while crawling so we've got a little bit.
Scarlet is almost 9 months old I really can't believe she graced my life almost 9 months ago.. It feels like just yesterday she was born. She's such a wonderful blessing. She makes me feel like I have the whole world sitting on my lap *where she is currently*. She is the reason behind everything I do. She got to see her daddy in Chicago when he graduated Navy boot camp and we Skype as often as possible. I know he misses her.. I can see it in his face when we Skype and SnapChat. I really am grateful he's her dad. He's a wonderful young man.
In the regards of relationships; Joseph and I, as of right this second are "on a break" - his choice, not mine. And I'm not quite sure what a weeks worth of 'thinking' can do if your mind is already made up but for him; I'm willing to wait. We're talking tonight as adults and we'll see if I'll be giving his key back or really whats going on.. I hope he's not going anywhere but I can at least say proudly I didn't do a single thing wrong in the relationship except allow my heart to feel things I've never allowed it to feel. I let my walls crumble and my heart to fly.. So that's that.

Amongst the rubble of my confusing and chaotic life I do still have a smile on my face and hope in my heart. I learned where you should replace "I don't have time" with "It's not a priority" it brings everything into view. You should try it.. It makes a difference.

With a wall of a thousand hopes;
xoxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. You gave everything and should be proud of you! I know I am proud of you. When one door closes, another one opens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave everything and should be proud of you! I know I am proud of you. When one door closes, another one opens.

    ReplyDelete